2013 ADVOCACY AWARD NOMINATION FORM
Local/District/Regional PTA Outstanding Advocacy Award
National PTA's powerful voice is derived from the advocacy of individual PTA units on behalf of educational opportunity and well-being for all children. In recognition of the hard work and dedication of PTA members, National PTA presents an annual PTA Outstanding Advocacy Award to a local/district/council/regional PTA. The winning PTA will be recognized during an awards ceremony at the 2013 National Legislative Conference in Washington, DC.
The winning PTA will receive two all-expense paid* trips to the 2013 Legislative Conference, and will be recognized at an awards ceremony. In addition, the winning PTA will receive $500.00, which may be used solely to cover direct expenses for PTA work.
* Expenses include and are limited to round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, conference registration and materials, and per-diem food expenses.*
The Legislation Committee and National PTA President will review all award nominations to determine winning PTA Unit.
The deadline for nomination is December 5, 2012. All submissions must be submitted online via this website.
If you have any questions about the award criteria or nomination process, please contact Mollie Van Lieu at email@example.com or 703-518-1240.
Award winners will be notified by mid-January 2013.
The Outstanding Advocacy Award will be presented to a local, district, council or regional PTA that, through their dedication, leadership and efforts positively affected legislative and/or regulatory policy compatible with PTA’s mission and goals. These efforts must include an education/learning component for PTA members and the community-at-large. Working with multiple organizations or coalitions through grassroots collaboration is preferred. Nominations will be judged based on the point values assigned to each required question.
Any PTA member may submit a nomination on behalf of his/her Unit, and state presidents may nominate a Local, District, Council or Region PTA in their own state. Only PTAs in good standing may be nominated.
Complete nominations will include:
• Information on Nominated Unit;
• Contact Information for Individual submitting nomination;
• A brief narrative for five questions concerning the nominee's federal advocacy on behalf of PTA(500 words or less recommended per question); and
• At least one (maximum of 3) supplemental document illustrative of the Unit's advocacy efforts (i.e. OpEd, blog post, action alert, photo, legislative action plan, etc. - get creative!)
Please begin your nomination form by clicking the
button below. Note that you are allowed to save and revisit your nomination prior to submission.
Survey Software Powered by
Host : qprun5a